Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Videomakers must include an entry form for each
DVD is the only preview format accepted.
MiniDV is the only exhibition format accepted.
You can download the entry form in ENGLISH HERE
Usted puede bajar el formulario de inscrición en ESPAÑOL AQUI
Early DEADLINE: MAY 22: General $20 / Youth $10
FInal DEADLINE: JULY 20: $30 for all
We do not accept videos arriving after July 20th or mail them back.
In August we will announce the VideoFest Official Selection
Monday, April 13, 2009
OUR 6th YEAR !!!!!!
Labor and Dreams / Trabajo y Sueños
Festival Dates: October 16 and 17 2009, MCCLA Theater
Early Bird Deadline: May 22, 2009
Final Deadline: July 20, 2009
1rst prize: $ 1,000
2nd prize: $ 500
3rd prize: $ 300 for Youth Video
Four Star Video, in San Francisco will be giving away a 1 year
subscription for the best SF filmmaker: www.4starsf.com
In 2009 VideoFest celebrates its 6th annual festival and contest. VideoFest offers a space for videomakers to focus their work on the theme of Labor & Dreams/Trabajos y Sueños. This combination honors the idea of work in the community, the dreams surrounding labor, the hopes that await us in the future, the significance of work done by men and women whom as beings never stop dreaming.
- Documentary: 60 minutes and under
- Short Fiction: 20 minutes and under
- Youth Video: video makers under 21 years old, 10 minutes and under
- Video del Barrio: focusing on neighborhood issues and the sense of community in any part of the world, 20 minutes and under
- Short Experimental: video art, video-poem or video-performance, 20 minutes and under
- Super Short: 2 minutes and under
More Info and Prospectus HERE
PLEASE spread the work sending the link of this blog or sending this postcard:
this image was created with an illustration of Mona Caron and images of archives by MCCLA.MULTIMEDIA dpt.
VideoFest Producer, Adrian Arias